We don’t offer funeral ‘packages’, each funeral is tailored to meet your individual needs.
The examples below are a guide for a simple standard funeral, and for additional bespoke elements. Please get in touch if you would like a no commitment itemised estimate.
We can also offer advice and support for families wishing to do DIY funerals also known as family led funerals.
Sadly due to the coronavirus pandemic we are unable to offer all the service that we usually can. Please rest assured that we will still take great care of your relative / loved one and act with compassion and humanity.
Standard Funeral Costs
A simple funeral will cost around £1,900, plus disbursements.
This will include:
- Meetings with you to discuss the funeral and to go through the documentation (currently during the coronavirus pandemic we aim to do meetings outdoors or over the phone or through the zoom app)
- Putting the funeral arrangements in place including booking the funeral in for a time that suits you and your family (subject to crematorium and cemetery availability). Liaison with third parties such as the GP, coroner, hospital/hospice, funeral leader, cemetery , venue and crematorium.
- Advice on support after a loss.
- Taking your loved one into our care before the funeral within normal working hours.
- Chances to visit your loved one at the funeral home (apologies this service isn’t always available currently during the pandemic)
- A simple cardboard or wood veneer traditional coffin, nameplate and all fittings. (A different kind of coffin such as a willow or bamboo would be an additional £200)
- Four pall bearers and the funeral director to support you on the day
- Advice, once we know a little about you, on choices of minister, humanist or celebrant to lead the service. Or alternatively advice on leading the service yourselves.
- A hearse that will transport your relative/loved one.
- A unique webpage with a tribute, the funeral details, maps, and donations information for you to share with guests.
- Returning the ashes to you after cremation.
All of the above within a 20 mile distance from Chorlton, Manchester. Additional miles will be charged at £1.50 per mile.
(Please note, children’s funerals are free.)
Disbursements (Third Party Costs)
Additional costs are the disbursements (also known as third party costs). These include things like the crematorium or cemetery fee, minister/funeral leader fee and doctors certificates. We do not add anything to these costs from third parties.
Typical costs are:
- Crematorium – £480 – £900
- A new grave and first internment in a cemetery – £1,100 – £2,900
- Doctor’s fees (for cremation and if the coroner isn’t involved) – £82 (current cost during the coronavirus pandemic)
- Minister, priest or non religious funeral leader fee £199
- Church fees (currently not available during the pandemic)
- Secular venue hire £50 – £1,000 (currently not available during pandemic)
You might want to add other elements to the funeral.
Additional costs for a funeral that is less simple might include:
- Collection of your loved one out of normal working hours is an additional £180
- A fee for arranging a service in a religious building or secular venue prior to the cremation or burial is an extra £200 (currently unavailable due Government directive during coronavirus pandemic )
- Limousines or people carriers for family to travel in (currently not available during the coronavirus pandemic)
- A different kind of hearse such as the VW Camper Hearse, Silver Hearse, Morris Traveller Hearse, Motorbike Hearse etc. £700 – £1,250
- A different kind of traditional coffin, a decorative coffin or an eco-friendly coffin such as Yorkshire wool, willow, bamboo, seagrass, cane or cardboard.
- Additional bearers to the four provided £65 each.
- Printed orders of service.
- Distances over 20 miles.