We don’t offer funeral ‘packages’, each funeral is tailored to meet your individual needs.
The examples below are a guide for a simple standard funeral, and for additional bespoke elements. Please get in touch if you would like a no commitment itemised estimate.
We can also offer advice and support for families wishing to do DIY funerals also known as family led funerals.
Sadly due to the coronavirus pandemic we are unable to offer all the service that we usually can. Please rest assured that we will still take great care of your relative / loved one and act with compassion and humanity.
Standard Funeral Costs
A simple funeral will cost around £1,900, plus disbursements.
This will include:
- Meetings with you to discuss the funeral and to go through the documentation (currently during the coronavirus pandemic we aim to do meetings outdoors or over the phone or through the zoom app)
- Putting the funeral arrangements in place including booking the funeral in for a time that suits you and your family (subject to crematorium and cemetery availability). Liaison with third parties such as the GP, coroner, hospital/hospice, funeral leader, cemetery , venue and crematorium.
- Advice on support after a loss.
- Taking your loved one into our care before the funeral within normal working hours.
- Chances to visit your loved one at the funeral home (apologies this service isn’t always available currently during the pandemic)
- A simple cardboard or wood veneer traditional coffin, nameplate and all fittings. (A different kind of coffin such as a willow or bamboo would be an additional £200)
- Four pall bearers and the funeral director to support you on the day
- Advice, once we know a little about you, on choices of minister, humanist or celebrant to lead the service. Or alternatively advice on leading the service yourselves or doing something more simple.
- A hearse that will transport your relative/loved one.
- A unique webpage with a tribute, the funeral details, maps, and donations information for you to share with guests.
All of the above within a 20 mile distance from Chorlton, Manchester. Additional miles will be charged at £1.50 per mile.
Disbursements (Third Party Costs)
Additional costs are the disbursements (also known as third party costs). These include things like the crematorium or cemetery fee, minister/funeral leader fee and doctors certificates. We do not add anything to these costs from third parties.
Typical costs are:
- Crematorium – £480 – £900
- A new grave and first internment in a cemetery £1,100 – £2,900
- Doctor’s fees (for cremation and if the coroner isn’t involved) £82 Current this cost is lower than normal during the coronavirus pandemic)
- Minister, priest or non religious funeral leader fee £199
- Church fees or secular venue hire £199 – £600
You might want to add other elements to the funeral.
Additional costs for a funeral that is less simple might include:
- Collection of your loved one out of normal working hours is an additional £180
- A fee for arranging a service in a religious building or secular venue prior to the cremation or burial is an extra £200.
- Limousines or people carriers for family to travel in are £250 each.
- A different kind of hearse such as the VW Camper Hearse, Silver Hearse, Morris Traveller Hearse, Motorbike Hearse etc. £400 – £900. Or a horse drawn hearse £1,250
- A different kind of traditional coffin, a decorative coffin or an eco-friendly coffin such as Yorkshire wool, willow, bamboo, seagrass, cane or cardboard. You can see some examples here.
- Additional bearers to the four provided £65 each.
- Printed orders of service
- Distances over 20 miles £1.50 per mile per vehicle
We can arrange a direct cremation as our most economical option at £1,550. A direct cremation is a cremation that no family or friends attend. With this option you aren’t able to visit your loved one at the chapel of rest (though this can be arranged for an additional fee). We take your loved one to the crematorium of our choice and then return the ashes to you or alternatively arrange for them to be scattered at the crematorium. The families that choose this option of not attending the actual crematorium often arrange a gathering of family and friends at a later date to celebrate and reflect upon their loved one’s life. The cost covers taking your loved one in to our care within normal working hours (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm), dressing and care, all administration and documentation, putting arrangements in place, doctors certificate, crematorium charge, coffin and staff and transport. There are no additional charges unless you would like any bespoke additions from above.