We don’t offer funeral ‘packages’, each funeral is tailored to meet your individual needs.
The examples below are a guide for a simple standard funeral, and for additional bespoke elements. Please get in touch if you would like a no commitment itemised estimate.
We can also offer advice and support for families wishing to do DIY funerals also known as family led funerals.
Standard Funeral Costs
A simple funeral will cost around £1,850, plus disbursements.
This will include:
- Meetings at your home or the funeral home to discuss the funeral and to go through the documentation.
- Putting the funeral arrangements in place including booking the funeral in for a time that suits you and your family (subject to crematorium and cemetery availability). Liaison with third parties such as the GP, coroner, funeral leader, cemetery , venue and crematorium.
- Advice on support after a loss.
- Taking your loved one into our care before the funeral within normal working hours.
- Same sex care are and dressing of your loved one.
- Chances to visit your loved one at the funeral home.
- A simple cardboard or wood veneer traditional coffin, nameplate and all fittings. A different kind of coffin such as a willow or bamboo would be an additional £200)
- Four pall bearers and the funeral director to support you on the day
- Advice, once we know a little about you, on choices of minister, humanist or celebrant to lead the service. Or alternatively advice on leading the service yourselves.
- A hearse that will transport your loved one directly to the crematorium or cemetery.
- A unique webpage with a tribute, the funeral details, maps, and donations information for you to share with guests.
- Returning the ashes to you after cremation.
All of the above within a 20 mile distance from Chorlton, Manchester. Additional miles will be charged at £1.50 per mile.
(Please note, children’s funerals are free.)
Disbursements (Third Party Costs)
Additional costs are the disbursements (also known as third party costs). These include things like the crematorium or cemetery fee, minister/funeral leader fee and doctors certificates. We do not add anything to these costs.
Typical costs are:
- Crematorium – £650 – £900
- A new grave in a cemetery – £900 – £2,900
- Doctor’s fees (for cremation and if the coroner isn’t involved) – £164
- Church fees £195 – £390
- Secular venue hire £50 – £1,000
You might want to add other elements to the funeral.
Additional costs for a funeral that is less simple might include:
- Collection of your loved one out of normal working hours is an additional £180
- Visiting your loved one outside normal opening times £40
- A fee for arranging a service in a religious building or secular venue prior to the cremation or burial is an extra £200.
- Taking your loved one home prior to the funeral (two staff members and the hearse) £300
- Limousines or people carriers for family to travel in £250
- A different kind of hearse such as the VW Camper Hearse, Silver Hearse, Morris Traveller Hearse, Motorbike Hearse etc. £700 – £1,250
- A different kind of traditional coffin, a decorative coffin or an eco-friendly coffin such as Yorkshire wool, willow, bamboo, seagrass, cane or cardboard.
- Additional bearers to the four provided £50 each.
- Printed orders of service.
- Distances over 20 miles.