Manchester City Football Club recognised that fans’ bereaved families had a very real need to mark their loved ones passing somewhere significant to their MCFC passion. To meet this need they created the Memorial Garden at the City of Manchester Stadium.
Natural Endings Funeral Services arrange full funeral ceremonies at the stadium. Where better to pay tribute to a loved one’s life than a place where they spent many happy hours with family and friends following their team?
The dedicated garden has a mosaic from Maine Road and curved stones from Hyde Road Hotel where City was established.
Families can have a ceremonial scattering of a small amount of ashes in this significant space.
A quiet private space is available for the service to take place. Families have the opportunity to have displays of their loved ones photos, play significant music, have a toast with the loved ones favourite beverage, and share memories after the funeral over a few drinks.
The funeral ceremony is adaptable to each families needs but it can include the following;
- Blue and white coffin or traditional coffin with flag
- Funeral ceremony in a suite over looking the pitch at City of Manchester Stadium (religious, semi-religious or non-religious)
- Area with displays of photos of loved ones life (or audiovisual display)
- Music played significant to loved ones life
- Order of service booklet with tributes and photos from that person’s life
- Football Flower tributes
- After funeral reception with drinks and/or catering
- Committal at one of Manchester’s cemeteries or crematoria
- Scattering of some of the ashes at a later date in the Memorial Garden