We would like to be transparent with our prices. The example below for a simple funeral is a guide for you. Please get in touch if you would like a no commitment estimate for a funeral with additional elements to the simple one outlined below.
A simple funeral will cost £1,850 (plus disbursements/third party costs) and includes;
- A meeting at your home or the funeral home to discuss the funeral and to go through the documentation.
- Taking your loved one into our care before the funeral within normal working hours.
- Same sex care are and dressing of your loved one.
- A simple coffin, nameplate and all fittings.
- A chance to visit your loved one at the funeral home.
- Putting the funeral arrangements in place including booking the funeral in for a time that suits you and your family (subject to crematorium and cemetery availability). Liaison with third parties such as the GP, coroner, funeral leader, cemetery , crematorium.
- Four pall bearers and the funeral director to support you on the day.
- A hearse that will transport your loved one directly to the crematorium or cemetery.
- A unique webpage with a tribute, the funeral details, maps, and donations information for you to share with guests.
- Advice, once we know a little about you, on choices of minister, humanist or celebrant to lead the service. Or alternatively advice on leading the service yourselves.
- All of the above within a 20 mile distance from Chorlton, Manchester. Additional miles will be a bit extra.
- Returning the ashes to you.
- Advice on support after a loss.
(Note; Children’s funerals are free)
Disbursements/Third Part Costs
Additional costs are the disbursements also known as third part costs. These include things like the crematorium or cemetery fee, minister/funeral leader fee and doctors certificates. We do not add anything to these costs.
Typically a crematorium is £650-£900
A new grave in a cemetery £900 – £2,900
Doctors fees (for cremation and if the coroner isn’t involved) £164
You might want to add other elements to the funeral. Additional costs for a funeral that is less simple might include;
A fee for arranging a service in a religious building or secular venue prior to the cremation or burial.
Limousines or people carriers for family leaving from the family home.
A different kind of hearse such as the VW Camper Hearse, Silver Hearse, Morris Traveller Hearse, Motorbike Hearse etc.
Taking your loved one home prior to the funeral.
Distances over 20 miles.
Collection of your loved one out of normal working hours.
Additional bearers to the four provided.
Visiting your loved one outside normal opening times.
Printed orders of service.
We can also offer advice and support for families wishing to do DIY funerals also known as family led funerals for a fee.