Handcrafted using woven cane and traditional basket making techniques, this cane coffin in a traditional shape has an off-white appearance.
Cane is very environmentally friendly due to the fact that it grows rapidly, as much a 6 metres a year. Cane grows in degraded forests and in marginal soil, in areas where other land products cannot grow, for example areas that remain flooded for long lengths of time.
Cane clings to tropical rainforest trees and so actively supports the preservation of trees in the rainforest. It can be introduced artificially in natural forests without disturbing the existing natural eco system. It provides income to some of the poorest people living in and on the fringes of the rainforests.
- We do not provide the coffin with flowers – these are for illustrative purposes only.
- Appropriate for cremation and burial
- This coffin is FFMA certified for quality, strength and suitability for purpose.
- The coffin that you receive may not match the colour exactly of the coffin displayed on screen. Banana leaf is natural material and the colour tone may vary harvest to harvest. Also your computer monitor may have different colour settings to ours.
- All our coffins come with a bio-degradable waterproof lining and a second unbleached cosmetic cotton lining
- Also see commonly asked questions about buying an eco-coffin from Natural Endings.
Does the price include delivery and VAT?
Yes, the price of the coffin includes delivery within the mainland UK. There is no VAT.
How can I purchase/order?
You can purchase this coffin securely online via our website, using a credit or debit card, or by direct bank transfer.
Or if you prefer, please email us or call us Monday to Friday 8am-6pm on 0161 969 669 and we can contact you within 24 hrs to arrange taking your payment over the phone by credit or debit card.
If you’re choosing this coffin as part of a funeral being arranged with Natural Endings, you can pay using credit or debit card, or by direct bank transfer.
Will you send me a receipt?
We will send you a receipt that can be claimed with the rest of the funeral expenses from the deceased’s estate at a later date. Or you will receive a copy of your order and payment by email for all orders placed online.
What size shall I order?
When we receive your order or enquiry, we will contact you to ask for the details of your funeral director or sometimes the hospital. With your permission, we will call your funeral director (or sometimes the hospital) to discuss the size of coffin required. We’ll then send you a final email confirmation so that you can check that all the details are correct before we confirm your order.
Do I need a nameplate?
Cemeteries and crematoriums require that the coffin is identified with a nameplate. We can have a bamboo nameplate engraved for you for 90p per letter. Alternatively you could print one off your computer on cardboard or even paint or draw one as long as it has the person’s legal name on it.
When can I expect the coffin to be delivered?
We deliver from Monday to Friday (not weekends) and to the mainland UK only. If you order before noon (Monday to Friday) we aim to deliver it within 48 hours, but it may take a little longer to parts of Scotland. You can have the coffin delivered either to a private address or to a funeral director.
What is your returns policy?
We want you to be entirely happy with your purchase. You have the right to cancel your purchase within 28 days of the transaction, but please ensure:
- The goods are returned intact (not open and not unpacked) and that the coffin is wrapped in its original packaging to protect it in transit.
- All original delivery labels are removed.
- Due to health and safety laws we cannot accept any coffin that has contained a dead person.
We will liaise with you to arrange a collection if you are unhappy with your purchase. Please note we may charge a collection fee.
Please visit our commonly asked questions about buying an eco-coffin from Natural Endings.