Pricing for funerals in Manchester and Cheshire
On this page, you will find pricing for funeral services provided by Natural Endings in Manchester and Cheshire, along with some example funerals for you to compare, including direct unattended cremation.
We aim for our pricing to be fair and transparent.
All funeral directors are legally required to publish a Price List for a standardised set of products and services. This is to help you think through your options and make choices, and to let you compare prices between different funeral directors (because prices can vary).
Correct as at September 2023 Download Pricing Download Standardised Price List
The pricing below describes the main components of our pricing for funeral services that we arrange in Manchester and Cheshire (click here to view the areas we service).
Firstly there is the charge for the main core services that we provide (caring for your person, arranging and conducting the funeral). Then there is a list of other optional services and items that you might want. There are also choices for coffins and funeral transport. Then there are disbursements which are third party costs such as the crematorium or cemetery, the minister or non-religious funeral leader, the doctor’s certificate (for cremation), church or secular venue fee.
On request we can also email an estimate for the kind of funeral you have in mind.
CHARGES FOR OUR CORE SERVICES
For our core services, support and guidance our fee is £1,975, which includes:
- Meeting with you at the funeral home, your home or by Zoom
- Our guidance from the first phone call until after the funeral
- Taking your loved one into our care within a 20 mile distance within normal working hours Mon-Fri 9pm to 5pm
- Washing, dressing and care of your loved one by female staff. You might want to be involved in this
- Opportunities to visit your loved one at the funeral home by appointment
- Four of our staff to carry the coffin or support for you to do this yourselves
- A dedicated webpage with details of the funeral for you to share with family and friends
ADDITIONAL CHARGES – IF REQUIRED
In addition to the main service we provide for £1,975, the following charges may apply:
- Taking your loved one into our care outside normal working hours – £180
- For a service in church before the burial or cremation – £250
- For a service in a secular venue before the burial or cremation – £250
- Saturday funeral additional charge – £300
- Sunday funeral additional charge – £300
- Additional mileage (price per mile) – £1.55
- Care after 16 days (per day) – £20
- Embalming (only if requested) – £120
- Pacemaker removal (if needed) – £95
- Additional pall bearers – £60
- Support in arranging a DIY, also known as a family led, funeral (per hour) – £75
- Collection and delivery of ashes – £75
COFFIN CHOICES AND PRICES
We can provide a choice of eco-coffins that are suitable for cremation or burial (including woodland burial).
View all eco-coffin ranges
FUNERAL TRANSPORT CHOICES AND PRICES
- Traditional black hearse – £280
- Black limousine – £250
- Silver hearse – £400
- Silver limousine – £320
- Black horse drawn hearse with two horses – £1,100
- White horse drawn hearse with two horses – £1,200
- Our estate car – £150
View funeral transport choices
DISBURSEMENTS OR THIRD-PARTY COSTS
In addition to our main services costs are the third party fees, known as disbursements. We do not add anything to these fees, but we will arrange these for you, so you will pay us directly for these services.
- Crematorium fee – £675 -£999 (see opposite)
- Crematorium fee (early slot, short service) £500 – £650
- Crematorium fee direct cremation unattended £400 – £545
- Doctor’s certificate (for cremation) – £82
- Cemetery new grave fee – £770 – £2,400
- Opening the grave – £400 – £896
- Minister or Priest (at the crematorium or graveside) – £217
- Non-religious celebrant – £230 – £300
- Church fees (including minister or priest) – from £250
- Secular venue fees – from £250
- Flowers – from £60
- Printed orders of service – from £1.20 each (simple) or £2.20 each (bespoke)
- Funeral photographer – from £300
You can contact the crematorium directly, or we can do this for you as part of our main service. Fees applicable for Monday-Friday only. Some of these crematoriums offer more economical slots at 8.45am.
- Manchester Crematorium – £870
- Altrincham Crematorium – £810 – £910
- Stockport Crematorium – £825
- Agecroft Crematorium – £850
- Blackley Crematorium – £835 – £994
- Hollinwood Crematorium – £874.50
- Overdale Crematorium – £800 – 980
- Vale Royal Crematorium – £850 – £960
- Dukinfield Crematorium – £825 – £870
- Peel Green Crematorium – £850
- East Lancashire Crematorium – £1044
- Rochdale Crematorium – £755
- Walton Lea Crematorium – £902
- Macclesfield Crematorium – £866 – £946
Working out the cost of a funeral can seem a bit daunting. We’re a bit adverse to ‘packages’ because they can include items that you don’t want. But below – for the sake of simplicity – we are showing the cost of some example funerals that we can arrange in Manchester and Cheshire locations. These are just examples. What you chose will be tailored to your specific needs.
A simple service at Altrincham Crematorium - £2,645 plus disbursements
Pricing for an unattended direct cremation - £1,595 including disbursements
A woodland burial at West Pennine Remembrance Park - £2,605 plus disbursements
A traditional funeral at The Avenue Church in Sale followed by a burial in a new grave at Dunham Lawn Cemetery - £3,145 plus disbursements
If you have had a bereavement and would like to talk to someone about funeral arrangements,
please call our 24 hour numbers –
0161 969 6690 – for South Manchester and Cheshire
01706 941757 – for Todmorden, South Lancashire and Calderdale
We are happy to discuss your requirements and provide you with a no-commitment estimate of costs. Contact us