Using new pure wool these lovely coffins are handmade in Yorkshire by Hainsworths. The wool coffins are strengthened with a sturdy recycled cardboard liner. They are certified by the FFMA for cremation and burial. The interior of the coffin is lined with organic cotton and attractively edged with jute and has a biodegradable waterproof base.
The coffin is completed with a personalised embroidered woollen name plate. We can either have it embroidered for you or we can give you the nameplate to embroider or felt yourself. Each adult coffin is made using three fleeces. The coffins have been tested to lift up to 42 stone (266kg) in weight – the coffins are available in a range of sizes.
Hainsworths have over 230 years experience of producing fine British quality wool products including ceremonial military uniforms, protective emergency service clothing and snooker table coverings.
All the materials used in the woollen coffin are readily biodegradable and suitable for cremation, traditional burial and woodland burial.
- We do not provide the coffin with flowers – these are for illustrative purposes only.
- There are two options – grey coloured wool or un-dyed wool
- We provide this wool coffin as part of a funeral that you’re arranging with Natural Endings.
- We also sell this wool coffin for delivery in and around our office locations in Todmorden and Stretford, please contact us for a delivery price before you purchase.
- You can also arrange to collect from our office locations in Todmorden and Stretford
- The coffin that you receive may not match the colour exactly of the coffin displayed on screen. Wool is a natural materials and the colour tone may vary. Also your computer monitor may have different colour settings to ours.
- All our coffins come with a bio-degradable waterproof lining and a second unbleached cosmetic cotton lining
- Also see commonly asked questions about buying an eco-coffin from Natural Endings.
Does the price include delivery and VAT?
Sorry, no, the price of the coffin does not include delivery. We can deliver with an hour’s driving distance from our main office in Todmorden, West Yorkshire or from our office base in Stretford, South Manchester. Please contact us for a price for delivery. There is no VAT. If the funeral is being arranged with Natural Endings, this coffin is delivered directly to us and we do not charge you any additional delivery.
How can I purchase/order?
You can purchase this coffin as part of a funeral you’re arranging with a different Funeral Director, using a credit or debit card, or by direct bank transfer. Please email us or call us Monday to Friday 8am-6pm on 0161 969 669 and we can contact you within 24 hrs to arrange taking your payment over the phone by credit or debit card.
You can purchase this coffin as part of a funeral you’re arranging with Natural Endings. You can pay using credit or debit card, or by direct bank transfer. We will discuss payment along with the other costs associated with the funeral.
Will you send me a receipt?
We will send you a receipt that can be claimed with the rest of the funeral expenses from the deceased’s estate at a later date. Or you will receive a copy of your order/invoice and payment by email.
What size shall I order?
When we receive your order or enquiry, we will contact you to ask for the details of your funeral director or sometimes the hospital. With your permission, we will call your funeral director (or sometimes the hospital) to discuss the size of coffin required. We’ll then send you a final email confirmation so that you can check that all the details are correct before we confirm your order.
Do I need a nameplate?
This coffin is provided with an embroidered nameplate – it will be the legal name of the person the coffin is for
When can I expect the coffin to be ready?
This coffin is expertly woven and made-to-order within a week.
What is your returns policy?
We want you to be entirely happy with your purchase. These wool coffins are made-to-order so they cannot be returned.
Please visit our commonly asked questions about buying an eco-coffin from Natural Endings.